Friday, January 18, 2013

SWEAT Like A Girl

Sweat Like A Girl....? Hmmm?  Yes, I am a girl, yes I do, and have many times Sweat!  Why Sweat Like A Girl?  Well Why Not!!??

My name is Heather and I am 37 years old, gosh, I had to think about that!  I am a Mommy of 3, and the wife to an amazing husband, Jason for almost 15 years!  I am what you would call a "girlie girl athlete!"  I was the captain of my field hockey team and dabbled in softball and track in highschool, but I also was a cheerleader for the basketball team too!  I was a dancer in college who found a love for teaching group fitness (back then we called it Aerobics!!).  I also cheered 2 seasons for the NFL before having my 3 babies!!

I have been teaching forms of physical movement to people of all ages for as long as I can remember!  I attended WCU (where I met my amazing husband) and received a degree in Kinesiology.  Yes, I graduated with a teacher cert in Physical Education K-12.  Yes I did teach for a few years; however, in my <3, I knew this was not my life's work!  After having my children, I became a Stay at Home Mommy, who also taught and directed Group Fitness in between doing wash and cleaning the house!  After spending many years as a Group Fitness Instructor/Director for various gyms, I felt, well, unsatisfied!  (I have always felt there is something great waiting to happen to me!  But perhaps that is what we all feel in life!).  In any case, various things in my life (which we will visit at a later date!!) led me, with the help of my husband, to open up a small studio called SWEAT LIKE A GIRL!

Wow-what a super great name!  Yes, well, before I actually opened my doors, I had thought long and hard about what to call a studio that would sum up for me what I wanted to offer.  And low and behold, one night, in the wee hours of the night, it came to me!  Thankfully, I wrote it down on paper so I would remember it in the morning!

So what is Sweat Like A Girl?  Well currently it is my studio.  We offer over 25 classes a week, including POLE FITNESS, and don't scrunch up your face!  A pole is just another piece of fitness equipment!  We offer all types of fitness classes, private instruction, private parties and healthy eating programs!  It has simply become a place for women to make new friendships, feel good about themselves, and change their lives!

Yes, I have indeed been a girl all my life!  Sweat Like A Girl encompasses, for me, what it is to "Sweat" like a girl!  Girls: we can be elegant and strong, we can be graceful and agile, we can be sexy and powerful; all of which should be celebrated and encouraged!  To "Sweat Like A Girl" is to be active in all the ways that define a girl (woman) and to be confident in all the ways a girl's (woman's)body can move!  I am blessed to have the opportunity to change so many women's lives and I look forward to many more woman I have yet to help!

Today we Sweat Like A Girl, who knows what tomorrow will hold! 
Go and be Super..Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment